Job Title: Football Development Officer
Location: Westmorland County FA, 35-37 Appleby Road, Kendal, LA9 6ET
Salary: £26-29K Hours per week: 37 hours p/w
Closing Date: Monday 1st August 9am. Interviews to be held W/C 8th August 2022.
Vacancy Type: Full time, permanent contract
• Leading on the Male & Female pathways
• Running County FA Cups and County FA run leagues
• Ensuring KPI targets are reached
• Supporting clubs, leagues & volunteer workforce
• Leading on the County FA Girls Player Development Programme
We are looking for someone with:
• Experience in an administration role
• Proficient in data management and interpretation
• An ability to engage with both paid and volunteer workforce
• Ability to proactively work with internal and external partners
• A working understanding and application of inclusion, equality, diversity, safeguarding, anti discrimination and best practice
• Ability to plan and deliver events, training courses and leagues
This is a rare opportunity to join the Westmorland County Football Association. We the smallest County FA in the country with a rich history in local football and a reputation for being both progressive and innovative. We are now looking for someone to inspire the next generation through the FA National Game strategy. Someone who can develop and implement our new Business Strategy 2021 -2024 to the benefit of all our members. Someone who can uphold the ideals and values that have made Westmorland County FA what it is today. The successful applicant will find a dedicated, committed and enthusiastic workforce. There will be scope to put forward ideas on how the Westmorland County FA can develop as a business and to work with the Board of Directors on some exciting projects going forward. The successful candidate will be instrumental in helping the County FA achieve this.
What we can offer
• A great opportunity in football with the local governing body of the grassroots game here in the heart of the County.
• Opportunities to progress your career across the County FA Network throughout England and at The FA.
• Access to high-quality training, networking and personal development opportunities.
• A varied and exciting working life, where you’ll will experience all aspects of grassroots football.
The Westmorland County FA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according the nature of the role and the information provided. The successful candidate will actively support the Westmorland County FA’s safeguarding plan, and the relevant requirements in-order to meet the Safeguarding Operating Standard.
Equality and Diversity
The Westmorland County FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
About the application and selection process
• Complete the Application Form and Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form and return to James.Pattison@WestmorlandFA.com no later than 9am Monday 1st August 2022. Applications received after deadline will only be considered in exceptional circumstances e.g. proof of posting indicates undue delay through no fault of the applicant.
• Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged.
• Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by James Pattison to arrange a mutually convenient interview time.
• Interviews will be held the week commencing 8th August 2022
• If required, second interviews may be held in order to determine the most suitable candidate for the role.
You can download all the Application Documents by clicking the buttons below.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY MONITORING FORM