All clubs in the area affiliate to the Westmorland County Football Association. It is through affiliation that the family of football is brought together and ensures correct standards and discipline are maintained. In effect it acts as a quality assurance and as a safety net to help protect players, clubs, officials and administrators throughout the game.
The major benefits from affiliation to Westmorland County Football Association include:
- Part of the structure of the National Game from grassroots upwards
- Eligible to participate in County FA Cup Competitions
- Discipline and Fair Play
- Opportunities to apply for grant aid and funding from The Football Association/The Football Foundation.
- Access to information and advice from:
- County Football Association staff
- FA Regional Facilities Officer
- FA Regional Football Development Officer
- FA Regional Coaching Officer
- FA Regional Director for Girls and Women's Football
- Opportunities to acquire suitable Public Liability and Personal Injury Insurance cover for your club, team and players
- County FA publications
- Opportunity to participate in FA Football
- Your club has the opportunity to make its views known on the future development of the game to both its County Football Association and The FA
Clubs need to affiliate to their parent County Football Association and the appropriate league they wish to join. Clubs are recommended to seek advice on suitable league membership from the Westmorland County Football Association.