We are currently recruiting for the following role:-
Job Title: Designated Safeguarding & Football Services Officer
Location: Westmorland County FA, 35-37 Appleby Road, Kendal, LA9 6ET
Salary: £26,000 p/a
Hours per week: 37 hours p/w
Closing Date: Monday 2nd November, 5pm
Vacancy Type: Full time, permanent contract
This is a rare opportunity to join the Westmorland County Football Association. We the smallest County FA in the country with a rich history in local football and a reputation for being both progressive and innovative.
We are now looking for someone to join our small, dedicated and friendly team to inspire the next generation through the FA National Game strategy. Someone who can develop and implement our Business Strategy to the benefit of all our members. The successful candidate will be instrumental in helping the County FA achieve this.
You can find out more about the Westmorland County FA and the work we do on our website www.westmorlandfa.com
The Westmorland County FA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according the nature of the role and the information provided.
The Westmorland County FA is looking for an enthusiastic professional with a passion for grassroots football to join the team. The successful candidate will be responsible for Safeguarding & Football Services supporting the clubs, leagues and volunteers throughout the County.
- Operationally lead the implementation and delivery of safeguarding within the Westmorland County FA, being accountable for relevant areas of The FA’s Safeguarding Operating Standard for County FAs.
- Lead the affiliation of clubs and ensure safeguarding requirements are met.
- Manage the discipline process from start to finish, including raising charges, arranging personal and non personal hearings and supporting clubs and leagues with the discipline process.
- Manage, develop, promote and administer all County Cup competitions including the planning of all finals.
What we are looking for
- Safeguarding qualification and/or relevant experience in a child protection, safeguarding, or welfare role.
- Knowledge of current safeguarding legislation, policy and practice relating to children and adults at risk.
- Knowledge and understanding of FA rules and regulations.
- Experience of implementing policies, protocols and guidance.
- Knowledge of how the County FA operates in partnership with The FA.
- Knowledge of grassroots football structures and the National League System.
- Knowledge of the structure and partner organisations within football, nationally and within the County FA locality.
What we can offer
- A great opportunity in football with the local governing body of the grassroots game here in the heart of the County.
- Opportunities to progress your career across the County FA Network throughout England and at The FA.
- Access to high-quality training, networking and personal development opportunities.
- A varied and exciting working life, where you’ll will experience all aspects of grassroots football.
Equality and Diversity
- The Westmorland County FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone.
- If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
About the application and selection process
- Complete the Application Form and Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on 2nd November 2020.
- Applications received after deadline will only be considered in exceptional circumstances e.g. proof of posting indicates undue delay through no fault of the applicant.
- Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged.
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by Thursday 5th November to arrange a mutually convenient interview time.
- Interviews will be held on 11th November 2020 .
- If required, second interviews may be held in order to determine the most suitable candidate for the role.
DSO/FSO Job Description and Person Specification
Equality & Diversity monitoring form
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Jo Ashworth on 07932 030 819 for an informal discussion.