On Thursday 2 December we will be hosting the ‘Why our Players Play’ CPD Workshop, from 6.30-8.30pm at Dallam School, Milnthorpe.
Itinerary for the evening:
6.30pm-6.45pm - Meet & Greet/Introduction
6.45pm-7.45pm - ‘Why our Players Play’ practical session with the PDP U12 team
7.45pm-8.30pm - Q&A
Questions this workshop will aim to answer:
1) What games and practices can I provide that give players the joy of scoring and stopping goals?
2) How can I help players to learn and understand more about the game?
3) How might I use football as a vehicle for developing social skills?
What can coaches expect to take away?
1) Strategies to understand why our players play.
2) Example games that could be used to help players love football.
3) Reflected on their coaching behaviours and the impact on player motivation.
Are there any tasks to complete ahead of the event?
1) Watch the introductory video for the workshop.
2) Find out the top 3 reasons why your players play and love football.
Overview of the event
We hope this workshop will support you in reflecting on the reasons your players love playing football, the impact your behaviours as a coach can have on their enjoyment and provided some practical ideas for you to try out in training.
If you have two teams, a goal at both ends of the pitch and a way to win the game or practice you’re well on the way to helping players fall in love and stay in love with football.
The cost for the evening is £5 per coach (invoiced through WGS), with 2 hours of coach development being added to your FAN.
Booking is essential, so please click here to book
Watch this space for further CPD events throughout the season.