Westmorland County FA is looking for an enthusiastic professional with a passion for grassroots football to lead the team as Chief Executive Officer.
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Westmorland County FA, 35-37 Appleby Road, Kendal, LA9 6ET
Hours per week: 37 hours p/w
Closing Date: Friday 17 June, 5pm. Interviews to be held Thursday 30 June 2022.
Vacancy Type: Full time, permanent contract
This is a rare opportunity to join the Westmorland County Football Association. We the smallest County FA in the country with a rich history in local football and a reputation for being both progressive and innovative.
We are now looking for someone to inspire the next generation through the FA National Game strategy. Someone who can develop and implement our new Business Strategy 2021 -2024 to the benefit of all our members. Someone who can uphold the ideals and values that have made Westmorland County FA what it is today. The successful applicant will find a dedicated, committed and enthusiastic workforce. There will be scope to put forward ideas on how the Westmorland County FA can develop as a business and to work with the Board of Directors on some exciting projects going forward. The successful candidate will be instrumental in helping the County FA achieve this.
The Westmorland County FA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according the nature of the role and the information provided. The successful candidate will actively support the Westmorland County FA’s safeguarding plan, and the relevant requirements in-order to meet the Safeguarding Operating Standard.
The Westmorland County FA is looking for an enthusiastic professional with a passion for grassroots football to join the team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the running of the County FA with strategic vision but offering operational support. The role is diverse and touches on all elements of County FA work.
• HR & personnel
• Developing & Managing relationships
• Developing Business Strategy & Delivering Operational plans
• Oversight and delivery of Key Performance Indicators
• Growing market share
What we are looking for someone with
• Experience in an administration role
• Proficient in data management and interpretation
• An ability to engage with both paid and volunteer workforce
• Ability to proactively work with internal and external partners
• Understanding of various disciplines in football for people with disabilities
• A working understanding and application of inclusion, equality, diversity, safeguarding, anti-discrimination and best practice
• Ability to plan and deliver events, training courses and leagues
What we can offer
• A great opportunity in football with the local governing body of the grassroots game here in the heart of the County.
• Opportunities to progress your career across the County FA Network throughout England and at The FA.
• Access to high-quality training, networking and personal development opportunities.
• A varied and exciting working life, where you’ll will experience all aspects of grassroots football.
Equality and Diversity
The Westmorland County FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
About the application and selection process
• Complete the Application Form and Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form and return to email@example.com no later than 5pm on Friday 17 June 2022. Applications received after deadline will only be considered in exceptional circumstances e.g. proof of posting indicates undue delay through no fault of the applicant.
• Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged.
• Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by Peter Ducksbury to arrange a mutually convenient interview time.
• Interviews will be held on Thursday 30 June
• If required, second interviews may be held in order to determine the most suitable candidate for the role.
Job Description and Person Specification
Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Jo Ashworth on 07932 030 819 for an informal discussion.