Job Title: Operations Officer
Location: Westmorland County FA, 35-37 Appleby Road, Kendal, LA9 6ET
Salary: £18,500 p/a Hours per week: 37 hours p/w
Closing Date: Monday 11th April 2022, 12 noon
Vacancy Type: Full time, permanent contract
This is a rare opportunity to join the Westmorland County Football Association. We the smallest County FA in the country with a rich history in local football and a reputation for being both progressive and innovative.
We are now looking for someone to join our small, dedicated and friendly team to inspire the next generation through the FA National Game strategy. Someone who can develop and implement our Business Strategy to the benefit of all our members. The successful candidate will be instrumental in helping the County FA achieve this.
The Westmorland County FA is looking for an enthusiastic professional with a passion for grassroots football to join the team. The successful candidate will be responsible for County FA operational support. This includes support in the delivery of the Westmorland County FA Strategy, supporting our in-house leagues including regulatory and administrative functions, to support the adoption of FA technology systems, support clubs and coaches with England Accreditation and CPD opportunities, support and deliver recreational football activities and to help develop opportunities for people with disabilities.
• Coach Education
• Club & League Support
• Recreational Football
• Disability Football
What we are looking for someone with
• Experience in an administration role
• Proficient in data management and interpretation
• An ability to engage with both paid and volunteer workforce
• Ability to proactively work with internal and external partners
• Understanding of various disciplines in football for people with disabilities
• A working understanding and application of inclusion, equality, diversity, safeguarding, anti-discrimination and best practice
• Ability to plan and deliver events, training courses and leagues
What we can offer
• A great opportunity in football with the local governing body of the grassroots game here in the heart of the County.
• Opportunities to progress your career across the County FA Network throughout England and at The FA.
• Access to high-quality training, networking and personal development opportunities.
• A varied and exciting working life, where you’ll will experience all aspects of grassroots football.
About the application and selection process
• Complete the Application Form and Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12noon on Monday 11th April 2022. Applications received after deadline will only be considered in exceptional circumstances e.g. proof of posting indicates undue delay through no fault of the applicant.
• Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged.
• Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by Tuesday 12th April to arrange a mutually convenient interview time.
• Interviews will be held on Tuesday 19th April 2022.
• If required, second interviews may be held in order to determine the most suitable candidate for the role.
Full Job Advert
Job Description and Person Specification
Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Jo Ashworth on 07932 030 819 for an informal discussion.